Want to help on your own schedule? Host a Bark and Meow Benefit with our helpful Bene-Kit!
Due to operational and staffing limitations we cannot accept onsite volunteers under the age of 16 at this time (with the exception of Pawsitive Readers). We know it’s tough to find volunteer opportunities sometimes, but please don’t be discouraged. There is another way for concerned citizens of all ages to help support our rescue mission – the LCHS Bene-Kit!
Our Bene-Kit provides all the tools needed to create your own fundraiser to benefit the pets in our program. This kit also includes a list of essential supplies that you can collect and donate. We depend upon donations to keep our operations going and your help would be greatly appreciated.
To get started, please complete a Family Volunteer Application to confirm your participation. Then simply keep track of the time you spend working on organizing, promoting and collecting for our rescue (these count as your volunteer hours), submitting them via our online tracking form. We ask that once your benefit or supply drive is completed, you and an adult deliver the donations to our location during operating hours (M-F 10am-5pm). At that time we will review your submitted activity log and approve your volunteer hours. We can also answer any interview questions you might require.
Everything you need to host the purr-fect Benefit!
Position Function and Organizational Impact:
Increase support and awareness of Leon County Humane Society and our
Time Commitment and Location of Work:
- Volunteers can earn up to 12 hours per quarter
- No location, activities are self-guided and self-determined
- Using the Bene-kit Philanthropic Package (pdf) as a guide, plan and execute one or more campaigns, including but not limited to:
- Request donations
- Supply collection drive
- Benefit fundraiser event or activity
- Social media campaign
- Creating toys, treats or enrichment items for LCHS animals
- Track and report volunteer time spent planning and executing Bene-kit activities.
- All donations collected on behalf of LCHS must be delivered to the organization during regular office hours.
- Self-guided volunteering requires individuals to maintain the highest standards of ethics.
- Ability to follow specific instructions from staff
- Commitment to the philosophy of LCHS practices and policies
- Individuals under 18 years of age are welcome to participate with adult supervision
- Regular access to email to receive updates