At any given time we can 35+ cats and kittens on site that need daily care and love. If you are not afraid of getting down and dirty and love cats this is the position for you! Kitty Care Volunteers will occasionally assist customers and other new volunteers to view and interact with our adoptable animals.
Director of Operations
Position Function and Organizational Impact:
You will be asked to help with the upkeep of the kitty facilities and interact with the adoptable animals. You are also expected to help customers meet the adoptable cats and encourage adoptions and socialization between prospective adopters and animals.
Time Commitment and Location of Work:
2 – 3 hours per shift, on-site
To maintain a clean and visitor-friendly environment in the kitty facilities for potential adopters to feel welcomed and confident in adopting.
- Attend a Kitty Care Orientation.
- Complete Kitty Care Check-list.
- Willingness to commit to a regular shift for 4 months.
- Ability to sit, stand and squat for a long period of time.
- Aibility to lift 50 lbs while climbing stairs.
- Excited about working with cats and providing them the daily care they need! (That means scooping litter too!)
- Enjoy interacting with guests of LCHS.